[Cancelled] One-Shot Fantasy - Friday Jun 30th US/Sat Jul 1st Aus (Help!)

(Update 11 May 17: Unfortunately, my Barbarian had to drop out and my remaining two players are looking less certain, so I’m closing this here.)

So I do the “Create Your Open Legend Adventuring Party” thing on Twitter and next thing I know, a couple of them start saying how much they’d like to play in the group and how we ought to record it.

And I start thinking, “You know what? Why not?”

I put a date of Friday June 30th / Saturday July 1st out and boom! Three of them (Barbarian, Paladin and Druid) are on board! (The Mage is out and I’m still hoping that the Ranger, Assassin and Cleric might give it a go.)

Which is great, except

• I know next to nothing about the Open Legend rules
  • I currently have minimal idea what sort of adventure I’m going to put together, aside from wanting to have some freewheeling fun and an opportunity to ham it up as the GM.

Thus, I appeal to the Open Legend brain trust/community for HEEEEELP! Up-to-speeds for character gen, combat and other important rules would be appreciated, as would silly ideas for a fantasy one-shot!

1 Like

Thats awesome! take a look at the free adventure they offer here;

It shows you the rules as you go through it and gives you a look at what sort of things monster should have.
aside from that, check out some of the posts on here, especially the monster ones (they have some great examples).
1 Like

I second the suggestion of A Star Once Fallen. I am running a brand new group of players to PnPRPGs through it at the moment. The adventure is laid out very well and slowly adds more complex layers of rules (although “complex” is even a bit of a stretch).

Also, the Wapuny are fantastic. I really enjoy playing those little lizards and each and every one of them sound like Morty from Rick and Morty.

When I finish this first run through, I am going to try and work with a buddy to create some custom art assets and hopefully publish it as a Roll20 module since I have already transferred the entire text of the adventure into organized handouts and rule summary sheets.

2 Likes

Thank you @Jamm182 and @honeybadger! I’ve taken your advice and bought A Star Once Fallen from DriveThruRPG; I’ve been told the adventure is too long for a one-shot, I think I’ll use it as a rules guide and inspiration.