Alternative Character Sheet Booklet

Alright Open Legion Fam, here they are,

BETA VERSIONS

Form fillable, with tabbing going in the correct order through the sheet.

Character Sheet Booklet Fillable BETAv1.pdf (373.4 KB)

Same as above, BUT with the addition that you can click the button on the first page to upload a picture from your computer for the portrait art.

Character Sheet Booklet Fillable Pic BETAv1.pdf (373.8 KB)

Please give feedback on thoughts, improvement, and any problems.

EDIT: Here is the “Rough Draft” PDF:
https://community.openlegendrpg.com/uploads/db1346/original/1X/9afb1cab8ae2e08fb14876a93bfd9cac220742ec.pdf

So I drew out a rough draft of a character sheet idea. This is actually made to be a “booklet”

The first page is the “front”, and it folds in half making pages 1 & 4. This side has items you don’t access or look at as often as the others on the “back” side. You have a spot where you can put a portrait and some basic info, then the back of the booklet is what is on the left half. A place for inventory and notes, as well as Wealth Level.

The second page here is the “back”, or in reality the inside of the booklet pages 3 & 4. It has all the information you are more likely to access on a regular basis while playing. Attributes on the left, Hit Points, Speed, and Defenses across the top. Places to fill in your Feats, Perks, and Flaws, just white space so you can fill in the info as you see fit.

Then on the far right you have “Favored Actions”, ones you use the most, and then “Other Actions” below that. I didn’t draw out all the lines, b/c this is the rought draft version, just pencil.

Page 1

Page 2 & 3

Page 4

I can look at recreating it as a PDF instead of hand drawn if people might be interested in using it.

5 Likes

Would love to see this in a PDF file!

I do think that you just need 3 pages though. You can add the information from the 1st page to your 2nd/3rd pages.

Regards,
Gary Salazar

Reducing it to 3 pages wouldn’t do a lot though.

The way it is designed, you print front and pack on a regular printer paper, and fold the sheet in half.

And it could be reduced to a single page, BUT, it would make it a little tighter. The basic idea was to remove the information you don’t use as much to create more room for the things you do use.

Would be easy to edit the landscape so that the character information fit in the other side and ignore inventory and notes. There’s space to make the feats smaller, so Defenses could move under Hit points, and where they were have the character info.

I might make 2 versions I suppose.

Ah my mistake - so that is why its called a booklet :slight_smile:

I was thinking of 3 pages stapled together instead.

1 Like

Here’s the rough draft of the digital version of what I drew. Not sure if spacing is good on everything or not.

Note: When printing both sides (on a printer that can do it), make sure to select “flip on short side” since this is landscape and not portrait.

Character Sheet Booklet Rough Draft.pdf (312.6 KB)

Here’s some pictures of the one I printed in black and white:

3 Likes

Taking feedback on this, btw, especially if people think more space is needed between lines, etc.

1 Like

I’m getting a little twitch in the corner of my eye from seeing how the fold intersects the Speed box :expressionless:

Seriously though, this looks fantastic. The space between the lines looks fine. You’ve given more space for character art than I would have (I assume that’s what the big circle is for) but I rarely play with any artists so I understand that it’s not for me. Great job!

2 Likes

Love it!
Would also like to add more lines in the favored/other actions. I find that the more players level up, the mores stuff players can do.

1 Like

Well yes, this is the rough draft, I didn’t feel like putting in all the lines in there if I was going to have to change them. I also wasn’t sure if I wanted to fill up the whole space with them, or leave some blank space for people to write other things in those areas.

Yes, me too actually. In my original hand drawn version the speed box was to the left of it, but with space and fitting it all in, it happened to land right there in the middle.

I will probably make an A4 version of the sheet which will probably allow a bit more space for such a thing. Also will make a form fillable version too.

1 Like

It’s interesting, I actually did this not thinking about artists, but thinking about if it was in a classroom, with kids, when they have a portrait thing to draw.

I think I’ll make 2 versions. One like it is, and one with a smaller portrait area, and bigger description area.

1 Like

Alright Open Legion Fam, here they are,

BETA VERSIONS

Form fillable, with tabbing going in the correct order through the sheet.

Character Sheet Booklet Fillable BETAv1.pdf (373.4 KB)

Same as above, BUT with the addition that you can click the button on the first page to upload a picture from your computer for the portrait art.

Character Sheet Booklet Fillable Pic BETAv1.pdf (373.8 KB)

Please give feedback on thoughts, improvement, and any problems.

Notice there are no auto-calc fields, it’s just all fillable. I can make a version that auto-calculates, but I’m honestly not sure I want to be that crazy. However, I could make some fields drop-down select…

I am also thinking of making a version where the “character art” space is smaller and more space for other notes and info on the front of the booklet, a la @SamWilby

Oopsie, here is a blank sheet, non form fillable version.

Character Sheet Booklet BETAv1.pdf (313.0 KB)

Btw, fixed this in the BETA version :wink:

@Great_Moustache, This is fantastic. I think this sheet is a very nice substitute for the actual sheet; I love the inventory and character art sections.

1 Like

I may have to print this bad boy out and use it when I take the system to the local game shop after I get my books.

1 Like

these are awesome! exploding thanks!

Thank you! I’ve been having trouble finding a decent form-fillable character sheet. This is exactly the right amount of stuff and it looks decent!

1 Like

I think this idea is cooler then the normal character sheets. It adds something a bit different to what other role playing games offer. Folding the paper in to a booklet makes it easier to transport as well.

Some people may think its cooler as well to turn pages to look something up on their sheet. This is highly subjective though because I can see some people wanting everything on one page to be able to find it faster.

For my critiques I kind of hate the font used for the numbers. I don’t like how filling in some of the numbers makes the numbers too big to fit in its box/circle. For example typing 50 in to the current hit points the top of the 5 looks like its going to fall out of the circle.

The favored actions and other actions feel to small for me. Anything I put in there I’m going to have a hard time reading because of how small it is. Writing that small would also pose a challenge. I recommend taking a few of the rows out to make it a bit more roomy in that area.

those would be my main small critiques.

Edit: WoW I did not realize how old this post was. My bad.

1 Like

@AdamEternal make sure to check out hero muster website. Its the best fillable character sheet for this game.

1 Like

It is, but it isn’t.

It’s automatically handled. Can’t input homebrew or such. There’s a world in which some characters may have more than 2 perks or flaws. Can’t do that with Heromuster.

Also, what I was looking for was a form-fillable PDF. For my specific use-case.

Heromuster’s fantastic for quickly creating a character, but it’s not what I’d play my character with.

1 Like