YouTube LIVE Hangout / Q&A w/ ... ME!

Hey folks, it’s been a long time since I’ve sat down and chatted with the Community! Would love to answer questions for you! Maybe you have some that have stumped even our brilliant moderator team :smiley:

I’m planning to set that aright this Friday at 9pm EDT. Would love to have you join me :sparkling_heart: :sparkles:

You can find me on YouTube LIVE over here:

Sorry I don’t know how to quote and suchlike here, yet.

Just wanted to say, what you were saying about complications? That’s exactly why I would never try online or RL rpgs. I’ve been playing computer RPGs since Windows 2.0

I don’t get numbers. I don’t get stats, other than the basics. I can’t power game or min/max.

I just figure out a character I want to play and plow ahead in computer games. If it’s really awful, I learned something and try again. Otherwise, I play within the character’s limits and try to be strategic and creative. I’d rather play a simple character and give him/her an interesting story and quirky traits than fuddle about with excel and a calculator.

I was supposed to LOSE at Dragon Age on my first go-round since Wynn died before I hit the roof, Morrigan abandoned me and I had no idea what I was walking into and at that point. I only got that far by trapping all over and hiding. Hours and hours of it.

Everyone said you can’t win against the archdemon via melee (which turned out to be untrue). I stumbled in, used a paralytic poison and whacked away for half an hour with two daggers with paralysis runes and won. By then, my whole party was dead but so was the Big Bad.

I tried to play Neverwinter online. I got zerged by a level 100 sorcerer every time I tried to get into the game for hours, then never wanted to play again. I did try another team RPG online and had fun at it with a few older people but the grinding, blerg. The people were the best part of it which is why I wanted to try roleplaying.

Point being, playing with what creativity you have, rather than numbers, can mean astonishing results and is a lot more fun.

When I saw your post I joined. I was looking around at Roll20 and was invited to an Open Legends game after posting. Since I knew nothing about this game I checked the website. The videos of Chaotic Good I found were hilarious.

I’m finding the new D&Ds too complicated.

I found this and it seems to be a smaller subset of players which is good, IMO.

2 Likes