Update on the dungeon master screen?

I see weekly updates are coming out those are nice to have. We even have update on stretch goals and stuff.

But is the DM screen near being finished or being worked on? All the physical stuff should get done first before the stretch goals and adventures and such in my opinion.

I don’t know for certain, but I think the DM screen is going out with the shipments. But you know what we know from the updates right now.

thanks for the info. hopefully we can get a update on the dm screens in a future update post.

Just FYI, I just received my shipment of the books, including bane and boon decks (which I added on later together with the DM screen), but the DM screen was not included in my shipment. Whether this is an oversight, or because the DM screen is not ready is not clear to me yet. But I am trying to find out.

I would presume that’s not an oversight @J.Klessens, we were aware that the DM screen was being worked on after the other physical rewards but haven’t yet heard anything on the timeline for it. Enjoy the rest of it! Hopefully the screen isn’t far from ready.

We’ve had the update we were expecting, and I’m afraid it’s not good news. The GM screen has been cancelled, refunds will be issued soon.

This is just a statement from a concerned customer. I would like to start out by saying I’m a big supporter of open legend and I try to get the word out about it as much as I can.
On top of that I understand the issues he is going through and accept the fact gm screens are not going to get made.

Now for the statement. It’s not supposed to be mean and comes from a place of love for the product. If working on a project for open legend causes stress and pain what does the future hold for the system? Are we not going to get any more official books or products for open legend?

One could argue that all you need is the rules on the website or the core rule book. But I’m here for the long run, this is the best system out there and was hoping to see future content.

Brian is the creator and original author, but he’s not the only one working on it any more. Ryan has been doing great work organising the creation of the Kickstarter stretch goals (I’ve had a few behind-the-scenes peeks and the adventure modules look great) and I’m sure that work will continue onto new projects when those are done.

Even should the final stretch goal mark the last official product for Open Legend, that doesn’t mean you won’t see any more content! The open source nature of the system means that anyone who wants to can create a product for Open Legend, and our wiki fills up with more and more free content every day. I myself am working on writing up a one-shot I ran to great effect at a recent convention, so look forward to that soon.

I do understand you concern, I share it too, but I think our wonderful community will carry the system through no matter what happens to Seventh Sphere :heart:

2 Likes

Probably not anything outside the stretchgoals, no. But the creators made it clear that they didn’t want to publish splatbooks, that add new, mostly unnecessary mechanics to the game for no good reason. So if there would have been any new material, it would have probably revolved around creating new settings, etc. and we have already a couple of 3rd party projects picking up the slack on that front.

And, if you are looking for additional mechanics, we’ll have to come up and create them on our own and share them here and on the Wiki. :smiley:

2 Likes