Speak with animals or plants or wind

How would you allow someone to speak with animals, plants, wind, etc. VS. the force, the deity, the area (Boon:Reading)?

Boon: Telepathy specifically states that it does not add intelligence… well… then in a conversation with a tree, the PC would get board (jk).

Boon: Tongues would work, I think.

Perk: Nature’s ally… just add the ability without a die roll.

Perk: Whisperer of the Wild (1/day)… maybe this is the best choice: limit the ‘free’ info from nature.

Simple, make it an attribute roll and assign a CR.

People often forget you can do straight attribute rolls. Check out chapter 8,running the game, the last section called Attributes and Action Rolls in Play talks about this.

I would say that the following attributes could each make sense generally but the nature of the world you are playing in and even if plants and animals could have a meaningful conversation boils down to the GM.

Prescience
Alteration
Creation
Influence

The CR is to heavily dependant in the world and what the GM thinks. Look in chapter 8 where I mentioned above, and it gives guidelines for CR.

Also, you can just allow the player to do it without a roll at all. Every roll matters, so if you feel the character would be able to do it because of their background or feats or perks, just allow them.

1 Like

I know that I come to this forum to ask questions about rules often (probably from my RP background)… that being said, I sure enjoy the patience and guidance that the members give. So encouraging!

2 Likes

oh yeah,

and, Perks and Flaws are specifically designed for the players and GM to work together to create new ones. So you could always make a specific Perk that fits your world for this too!

1 Like