Print Production Update from the Void Beyond

Thanks for everyone’s patience in my absence… it’s really helping alot to get me more time to do the actual work of getting these two books out the door. I’ve made alot of print design and layout decisions. They’re still not final, but they’re getting close. Close enough I figured I’d share :wink:

For anyone who’s not already a backer, the window to be part of the “first shipping group” that ships directly from the manufacturer will be closing soon. You can get on board this HYPE TRAIN :bullettrain_side: here!

BackerKit Pledge Manager for Open Legend: Open-source RPG & Amaurea's Dawn Setting

14 Likes

Chop-Choo!!! Hype train here!!

2 Likes

Wow looks beautiful! <3

2 Likes

Looks great sharing now

2 Likes

Hey, great news that the core rules are off to the printer. Is it possible to get the final pdf as well?

Hi @Mork, if you preordered the pdf through Kickstarter or Backerkit then you should be able to download the latest alpha version already. The final version will be available for download soon, but it shouldn’t be drastically different from the alpha.

If you haven’t preordered it or can’t add it to your pledge, then I think at this point you’ll likely have to wait for the final release to buy it.

I have acces to the alpha no problem ^^. I just want to print the pdf myself, preferably before my game this Sunday, so I’m hoping to get access to the final version by then ^^

If you’re pressed for time you should just print the most recent alpha. As far as I’m aware there are no significant changes between that and the print version; just minor edits or reformatting. Everything in there is correct and you shouldn’t have any trouble at all running your game from it (it’s actually more up to date than the website).

1 Like

Gonna try again, acces to the final pdf of the core rules would be great.
@brianfeister, pretty please?

They will be out after the books print.

2 Likes

This makes the most sense to me. A universal launch of all the books / accessories / digital products.

I asked on the kickstarter in April if we could the final pdf when they were ready, then the response was:
“Seventh Sphere Publishing LLC Creator on April 22
@Max “…” - we will absolutely be releasing the PDFs for each book as soon as they’re ready. …”

So crazy_weasel where did you get the info from that they will be given after the books print?

And I don’t think we are not going to get everything at the same time anyway, the stretch goals adventures haven’t had an update in forever, so I doubt these are almost finished, so they will most likely come some time after the core/amerea’s dawn has shipped. Since that digitial product comes afterwards, I don’t see why the core pdf wouldn’t come earlier. Especially since we already have the 3th alpha version, which is the core book except for some typos.
I’d just like to get my hands on the no typo version :slight_smile:

So… drumroll please … the rest of the print process is actually out of my hands, so I can’t do anything to speed this up, but we are currently looking at a mid-November date for the book to make it from the printing presses to your doorstep. You should receive GM screens, bane & boon decks, and posters at that time as well. - Kickstarter

And Brian Has said that he’d like to release everything around the same time.

1 Like

That says nothing about the PDFs. PDFs will be available before the books, from what I understood.

I would like to close this thread, as it is only speculation at this point, so @Mork if you want an answer to your question, I’d encourage you to write an email to seventh sphere publishing, if you want to get to Brian personally. If @brianfeister wants to reopen this thread to give a definitive answer here, than I’m sure he will do so.

3 Likes

Hey everyone! I’m still working on the GM Screen. Everything else is off to the printers and working it’s way through their process.

About the PDFs, yes, I’ll get you something soon. The problem is that there are some steps that need to be taken between the creation of the print-ready PDF I sent to the printer and the one I need to send to backers.

I’ll get it out some time this week.

6 Likes