Open Legend GM Screen

First draft of the GM Screen. It could change not sure yet, but I feel pretty good about it. The attached PDF is printer-friendly, I’m fine with releasing it for use by the community for free. The one that will be for sale (or some of you already ordered) will have the standard Open Legend page texture and then the images featured in the mockup that was on Backerkit.

Enjoy! :wink:

Open Legend GM Screen.pdf (145.9 KB)

12 Likes

Really enjoying the dm screen. The one suggestion I made on twitter that you already saw is the only change I would make to it.

This is very helpful. Now I don’t have to have all these tabs open for referencing things while dming.

1 Like

is there an updated pdf for the final version?

@Great_Moustache

This is a change I proposed a long time ago and I still think its relevant.

I think the gm screen has too much fluff text and not enough at a glance information compared to other gm screens for other games.

Take for example the very first section. Every roll matters, The person gming the game does not need a summery of what every roll matter means they already read the rule book. but the chart portion of every roll matters is helpful.

Another example is the long paragraph after the ”core mechanic is combat” doesn’t have to be there in my opinion. And instead should be replaced with the rules for interrupt actions.

Going through the gm screen I see lots of places that could be slimmed down to make room for more useful at a glance information.

I just saw the kickstater update saying the gm screen is a long ways away and that’s fine. Super glad to see things moving forward. Because it is so far away it might be a good time to look at it again and maybe rework a few things.

Again this is just my opinion and maybe I am wrong.

1 Like

I was already planning to review it, and edit it where needed. Now that the system has been played a lot, better ideas of information to include/exclude from the GM Screen.

It also is oriented Vertically with 3 pages, I might consider a more horiztonal (so not as tall) and 4 page spread/bend.

Those are random thoughts on it right now though, and as you mentioned a ways off at the moment.

All good feedback/thoughts that I’ll take into consideration.

Of course, there has to be a large moustache spanning all the pages too (kidding… or… not?)

4 Likes

this is like a godsend.
I never knew how much I needed one until I saw it.

I don’t use screens, as I don’t keep secrets and my Laptop already sort of acts as a GM screen for me anyway, but this is cool.

I can just have this PDF open now instead of having multiple tabs open and causing lag.
The final page containing tables is the best part for me.

I’ve put together a screen using parts of different screens and resources around here. I think it’s the screen from this thread, the player quick reference and my attributes at a glance.

I hope this is somewhat helpful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I also wanted to acknowledge that the “official” wotc d&d 5e screen is incredibly good, first screen that had what I needed during play. I think it could serve as a good inspiration or reference when reviewing the OL one.

2 Likes