Open Legend Community License and Steam Workshop

Hi folks,
I’m putting together some cards for feats, banes and boons for the Steam Workshop for Tabletop Simulator (mostly for a game my friends are playing but I figured while I have them I might as well share them if I can) and was wondering if anyone was familiar with how the Open Legend Community License (OLCL) interacts with the Steam Subscriber Agreement (SSA). The relevant bit of the SSA is part B which deal with the workshop:
http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/
It looks like the standard boilerplate you get from media companies that want to be able to distribute your stuff, but my understanding is that this is incompatible with copyleft licenses like the GPL or OLCL. Anyone know if Seventh Sphere have said anything about Steam Workshop content?
Any help much appreciated.

As far as I know, nothing has been said. An update for the community license is probably in the works to launch alongside the new SRD, since that whole section of the site is massively outdated. If you’re really concerned, you should see about getting in touch with them directly. Send me a private message if you don’t know how to contact them and I’ll pass on the email address.

1 Like

Thanks for the info Sam. I’ve looked into it a bit further and as far as I can tell the SSA and the OLCL are incompatible for the same reason the GPL and SSA are. I doubt there would be an issue, but the easiest work around is just to upload the images to my personal site with instructions for how to import them into Tabletop. Cant help but feel Valve ought to get their act together as far as open source goes.
My players are helping me play-test them at the moment, once the error rate drops to an acceptable level I’ll drop a link in the relevant sub-forum for folks to make use of.

1 Like