Online Character Builder + more!

Ah that was it.
That was quite the quick response considering the age of the thread!
Thank you for the amazing work!

Actually, thatā€™s working fine too (I was just not testing it thoroughly enough when replying).

It looks like the armor bonus in Guard is updating just fine, including when removing armor or downgrading from Natural Defenses II to I (as an example).

However, the Toughness bonus from Natural Defenses is not properly adjusting down. Could that be what you noticed?

It might be. Canā€™t easily test it myself right now because iā€™m on mobile and it handles wonky on my phone. I am a little tired, sorry.
Again, thank you for concerning yourself with this!

Character builder patch pushed: Armor and Feat bonuses in Guard and Toughness, respectively, properly change when feats are changed (up or down). Previously, reducing Natural Defense X to a lower tier would leave the Toughness Feat bonus unchanged and incorrect.

2 Likes

A few improvements.

1. When sharing a saved character, the meta data (title/description) will reflect more of the character and less generic bs.

2. Banes/Boons filtered now effect the look of power levels (example):

2 Likes

The HeroMuster Open Legend API has been updated with Feat filtering.

Also, more human friendly and robust documentation is now available via Postman.

2 Likes

Apparently people were unhappy (and didnā€™t tell me) with the character builder not updating properly when you have Attribute Substitution set and you then update the PRIMARY score. It previously was only changing the DEPENDENT score in the background, but not reflecting that in the rest of the sheet (e.g. Defenses, Initiative, HP, etc).

THIS IS NOW FIXED :smile:

4 Likes

Is there a place to submit requests for the Character Builder?

Great tool, very helpful, and I appreciate you for developing it!

I was curious if thereā€™s a way to submit requests because Iā€™ve found that 8 feat fields is sometimes not enough if Iā€™m making a very flexible character. Would there be a way to have it automagically expand the feat field if you tab through after filling in the 8th field? If not, is there a way we could choose to add fields for additional feats?

Thanks for considering!

I know the reason for the limit has to do with printability.

Adding more causes it to jump to 2 pages instead of being printable on only 1 page.

1 Like

This thread is a fine place :slight_smile: @Great_Moustache is correct that itā€™s about printability: 8 fields is the maximum I can squeeze in. Itā€™s quite a bit of work to add ā€˜online onlyā€™ additional fields that you can add, but youā€™re not alone in requesting it, itā€™s just a low priority at the moment because it effects only a small percentage of builds. This is compared to spending my time building things like the Extraordinary Item Builder (yay!) or a Mundane Weapon Builder w/ character builder integration.

So consider your request heard. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the replies, both you and @Great_Moustache ! That absolutely makes sense, and thanks for the response! If/when it becomes a reality, Iā€™m looking forward to it!

As far as printability - would having a 1-page or 2-page option for the builder be a quicker/easier way to bridge that gap instead of adding ā€œonline onlyā€ fields? Not to push for it too hard, but having more options is always nice, especially if the options solve a harder problem (in this case, instead of it even being a problem).

A possible solution is to save most of your character on HM and then import it into the mobile app so you can add the additional things you need. Unfortunately it doesnā€™t have a printable version either but if you donā€™t mind using your device during your gaming session it would allow you to have more.

1 Like

Hadnā€™t thought of that, Iā€™ll definitely have to try it. I would still like to see the HeroMuster Character Builder given that flexibility just since I use it pretty frequently, but importing into the mobile app sounds like a great option in the meantime. Thanks!

There is now a Russian translation thanks to a community member (sorry it took so long to notice and make live)!

1 Like