Of a scientist and his creation k7

I ran a one-off with three players to see if they wanted to look into converting o e of our 5e campaigns to open legends. (resounding yes, BTW)

One player ran a scientist working in a lab in Schlectenberg. He had only mental stats and only one point in entropy as he was doing secret experiments with necromancy. Another ran a robotic lab experiment who had accidentally gained sentience, but was spared from the melting forge when the scientist pc showed the robot’s creation runes were useful to his research. All this was backstory. For the actual one shot they were running around with the scientist saying stuff like “run program, collect.” Then the robot character would spring to life and burst forth and murder whatever was being pointed out and “collect” it by siphoning its insides with a tube. Brutal stuff, but the best team rp I’ve seen in an rpg in a long time.
The scientist character didn’t even get into combat except one “field study” he did using his entropy magic to give a pygmy warrior brain cancer after he dissected his pygmy brother in the middle of combat. I love the weird business people can get up to in this system.

Oh, and the robot found out that Robert Greco, the owner of the corporation they worked for requested and paid for him to be built originally so now he believes Mr. Greco to be God. He runs around creating pamphlets with his creation magic and trying to convert everyone to the church of Greco. That’s just character rp choice stuff, but made for some great moments.

9 Likes