Nerdarchy Open Legend live game

Hello!

I’m one of the players in a weekly livestream Open Legend game with Nerdarchy.

Each of the players is writing up an article about our characters, the concept, build and so forth.

Two of them are published right now:

Maybe you’ll find them interesting, or terrible! OL is new for most of us so we’re learning as we go. So far we are all having a fantastic time with the game, the story we are creating and discovering more about the nuances of the Open Legend system.

We would all welcome any feedback, comments, advice, suggestions or whatever!

6 Likes

Here’s another one that just published, our psychic kobold friend Kryzikk

4 Likes

Reading over them, they seem pretty good to me at first glance.

I’ve watched a few (on Session 4 I believe) of the episodes now. This might help some of you, I think overall you guys are getting the rules a bit better.

Open Legend Player Quick Reference.pdf (159.0 KB)

1 Like

Also, I don’t see Sessions 4 or 5 on youtube? AT least not on the playlist.

Hello!

Thank you for noticing that! They were indeed missed in the playlist. That should be fixed in a moment.

1 Like

In Session 6 you were having trouble figuring out the amount of space for Barrier. The space is defined via multi-targeting. The more area it covers, the more disadvantage dice you would have, so define area before invoking, that will determine what you have to roll.

See “Area Multi-Targeting” in Chapter 7 combat section for a nicer table, but here is this:

Area attacks are only possible when you are using an extraordinary attribute, unless a specific weapon property or other rule allows you to make area attacks without an extraordinary attribute. You may choose from a variety of shapes when making an area attack, as described below. Friends and foes alike that fall within the targeted area will be subject to your attack.

Cube. You target a cube with equal length, width, and height designated by you. The attack suffers disadvantage 1 per 5’ length of the cube’s sides, unless it’s a single 5’ cube, which does not incur disadvantage. For example, a 10’ cube suffers disadvantage 2, a 15’ cube suffers disadvantage 3, and so on.

Line. You target a line that is 5’ wide, 10’ long, and 10’ high. You may create several lines as part of a single attack, as long as at least one corner of each line touches. For each line, the attack suffers disadvantage 1.

Cone. You target a cone that extends from your space to a length you designate. At any given point, the cone is as wide as it is long. Your attack suffers disadvantage 1 per 5’ of length of the cone, unless it’s 5’ long, which does not incur disadvantage.

1 Like

Thank you for the help! I have a feeling we’re going to need all the protection we can get very soon. This is a really terrific community, much appreciated.