Multi-Targeting and its rules

Hi everyone,

I’m just about to embark on my first ever group rpg and I am trying to make sure I get the attacking rules right.

From what I could gather, Multi-Targeting you can use without using a feat.
Now with this one you roll once (with disadvantage depending on number of enemies)

For simplicity’s sake, say they all have the same defence.

So if I roll 5 over their armour, does that deal 5 damage to all I attack or is that spread amongst them?

And to trigger the multi attack, do I have to be standing still?
Or can I use say, 5 movement, hit, use 5 hit etc.

Thank you

You deal 5 to all in that case.

Look at the example of multi-attack in the feat itself. It has some crazy stuff. You can break up your movement through out your turn, and that could be between multi-attacks. You have to declare how many multi-attacks you are doing at the start of your turn.

Thank you for your quick reply :slight_smile:

So you are talking about multi attacks, do I need that on top of multi targeting?
Or is the multi attack for the ability to move between hits, and multi targeting one roll standing still?

Well, you said multi-attack in the last paragraph there of your original post, so the multi-attack was commenting on that.

If you were solely speaking about multi-targeting, no, there is no movement between those attacks. If you are doing melee, they all have to be in reach.

2 Likes

Sorry, that was my bad.

But thank you for the confirmation. Much appreciated!

1 Like