GM Improv Showdown @ GenCon 50 w/ Matt Mercer, Me, etc

EDIT – You can now add the event to your Gen Con Wish List:

https://www.gencon.com/events/103786

So I can finally reveal the big surprise! At Gen Con 50, Open Legend is going to be hosting an “Every Roll Matters: GM Improv Showdown” workshop with none other than Matthew Mercer. I’m putting the final touches on logistics, etc. We’re hoping to have some other well-known improv storytellers (I’ll be on the panel as well) lined up soon. Event description below.

Every Roll Matters: GM Improv Showdown w/ Matt Mercer & Friends

Improv as a GM is the most necessary skill and arguably the most difficult. What do you do when you’ve prepped for one outcome and your players go the opposite direction? Join Matthew Mercer, Brian Feister, and other well-known veteran GMs to learn how to level up your improvisation game through a series of LIVE challenges where panelists challenge each other’s improv skills in unscripted scenarios, followed by a breakdown of the thought process that goes into improv. Get a glimpse into the minds of skilled improv storytellers and learn how to make every roll in your game meaningful by drawing on connections and inspiration from unexpected sources to create compelling stories.

15 Likes

Wishlisted those puppies. Heck yeah

1 Like