Call for Open Legend Battle Royale Competitors

This is your big chance all you power gamers and min-maxers. Try to see if you can break the Open Legend system with your most powerful character build.

Let’s see if we can rally enough worthy competitors to the cause! Throw your hat in the ring for this high-level (9th) all-out deathmatch tournament. Each player anonymously submits their character and after the submission deadlines, no changes can be made and all character sheets are public.The tournament would be single elimination with brackets like in sports that determine a ladder each participant must climb, culminating in the final showdown.We could even do Roll20 maps with predefined start zones, hazards etc. Create 10 of these “arena maps” and then for each match, the two competitors would get assign a 1 - 5 rating of each map and the map with the highest total rating between the two opponents would be the arena for that fight.Also, if the turnout is REALLY big for the event, we could consider doing 2 or 3 person teams rather than solo combatants.

My idea for scheduling is that it’s like Street Fighter, the matches happen at different times & places at the convenience of the 2 competitors + 1 referee. The attendance of the audience is optional, we’ll post the schedule so people can tune in. Should we broadcast this on @openlegendrpg’s Twitch channel maybe? Then there would be VOD replays for official challenges of referee rulings, etc.

General Signup:

Character Registration:

Rules:

http://i.amz.mshcdn.com/Zpet_5Diy2A5_ylNv1ACt3FrB1I=/fit-in/1200x9600/https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F21485%2F12fvuKl5yWVKgg.gif

Do we have dates for when this is starting? Or when the characters will be posted? (No rush, just wondering. Definitely looking forward to this!

Also I saw that at the very end of the mightybell comments a thing got added saying no custom weapons. Is that official rules because my characters style was built around their custom weapon? (The mechanic I’m trying to exploit with my build isn’t affected it’s more of a style thing)

If you take craft extraordinary item, you can have a custom weapon, otherwise, no.

check the rules document that is posted just above, it mentions this directly.

I have read through the rules document including just before writing this response and it does not mention custom weapons. It says that to have an extraordinary weapon you need the feat. Custom creations is a separate section of the rules. Brian had mentioned adding a rule (see link) I was just wondering if that was official.

My real question however was the first part of the initial reply when do we get to use these characters? I’m itching to try him out. No rush. I just wanted to see what’s happening and I’m excited to see what others came up with.

@To_infinity I’ve sent out an email today to those who are registered for the Battle Royale to provide their availability to begin scheduling games.

Are you registered?

Also, for non-extraordinary items, you can only use what’s on the charts, not custom equipment, though if I review your custom weapon and confirm that it’s only flavor and not min-maxing, I will grant you an exception. Also, it’s probably best for everyone if you pick something on the table already and just change it’s appearance but keep it’s stats.

I’ll just use the standard gear. I’d hate for someone to think I won because I was given an exception. I was going to have an umbrella gun like in the Kingsman movie, initially because of min maxing, but also for the flare of it.

I am registered.

Filou Fin (Trickster End) the Phantasmal gentleman assassin stands ready to help all comers find the most peaceful painless end possible.