Bravado, My Favorite Flaw

This story happened recently in my own open legend game. The party was a band of smugglers captured by the government of the local system and put on a plolice barge to transport them to a larger jail facility. The players feigned unconscious, so there were only ten guards on the ship because they weren’t seen as a threat. After a rebel group came and broke them out, they killed almost all of the guards and were left to their own devices to escape. I as the GM expected them to just get in their own ship and launch away, but something else happened.
One of the characters (with the bravado flaw) proceeded to direct most of the group to pilot the ship to the front of the bridge, locate the space suits, have the techie character set the ship to self destruct, and use the remaining living guards as launch pads to push themselves through the window of the police barge (the guards just came in at the wrong time, and the bravado character used an exploded energy roll to break the glass right before entering). They both rolled great on their agility to jump out, and made it safely aboard their ship for another adventure. Of course both the bravado character and the techie got legendary points, and everyone (expecially me) left that game very happy.

4 Likes

Haha, didn’t notice it was a space setting until I got to the “space suits”. Great story, I really love the bravado flaw myself. I really entices the heroes to be heroic :smiley:

1 Like