"Advertising" A Star Once Fallen

So, pretty soon I’m going to be taking a shot at running A Star Once Fallen for a group that is entirely new to Open Legend, and I’d like to be able to give them an idea of what they’ll be doing during the adventure without giving any spoilers. Any ideas regarding how I could describe it?

“its a game to stop a great evil and maybe help some people along the way.”

thats one way to describe it

1 Like

@reddevil Yeah, but that describes most fantasy adventures. I’m looking for something more specific to A Star Once Fallen.

The poem the fortune teller/seer gives the players at the beginning is a good introduction in a way

2 Likes

that is very true. other then that I can’t think of a way not to give spoilers.

1 Like

@Great_Moustache True. Aside from that, the best I’ve got is telling them that they’ll be “working together to uncover the secrets, both ancient and recent, of a mysterious island.”

You could just say that you are traveling to a new port in a remote location, hoping to make a name, or at the very least, money for yourself.

I mean, the adventure is you weren’t planning on going to that island, it was a shipwreck. Fate might have already planned it, but the players certainly didn’t (unless they DID).

1 Like

Issue with that one is that it’s a bit misleading. Yes, It would be a fun surprise, but I would like my players to have a basic idea of what they’ll actually be doing.

Marooned on an uncharted island, caught between two warring tribes, and threatened at all hours by a dormant volcano prophesied to awaken again. Can our brave heroes discover the legend of Starfall Island before they fall prey to its denizens?

2 Likes

I started with a star once fallen with my friends, the orginal plan was to do aumoria dawn later and they could choose if they wanted to make new characters or keep them and they could choose if they later wanted have the story cannon or just in a different multiverse.

I focused more on that is was a steam punk setting for us and that they could make any character consept that fitted in that. Granted ASOF is more of a fantasy but that does not try change anything, what they have on the main land don’t change that the island is more primitive.

So we focused more on the characters because they will get together in the story anyway. If they wanted to already know eachother then that’s also fine. So atleast for me it was not important to tell then much abut what they were doing more just on who they wanted to do stuff with

1 Like

You could also mention that you are starting on a boat and is going get into a storm and you get stuck on an island where your ultimate goal is to get off it again. Because that is to many extents the end goal :wink: that is about as spoiler free as it gets

1 Like

@Great_Moustache Oooh, I like that one.

Love to take credit but that is the default descriptor on drive thru RPG for downloading it, and on the book itself I think, but I couldn’t check the book b/c I’m on one of my 2 weeks out travel time.

2 Likes