2021 January Status

Massacre at Writhing Ridge

The House Valurien introductory adventure has been released to the ALL PDF STRETCH GOAL backers, and is available on the store now. I decided to add six pre-generated characters to aid in one shots and/or to give a look for inspiration.

Official Character Sheet

While putting those together, I realized just how long ago the official character sheet was made, and how it could use an update in what info is displayed as well as a facelift. I’ve started the process of getting someone with design experience to take a look and see what can be done to improve.

Stretch Goal Progress - Small Hiccup

PDF Adventures

While going through the layout process for The Endless Dream & The Waking Dream, I discovered that it was missing artwork I had previously thought to be done. It took looking through several chains of 2+ year old emails and searching through cloud storage. This is my fault for not checking earlier than now, and it will push the timeline I had originally hoped for. I am in the process of securing artist(s) for this now, as I want to continue with high quality products. All the editing is done, so it should be quick once an artist as been secured and the process started.

Updated estimate of timelines:

End of February (to mid March depending on availability of artist)

• The Endless Dream (House Rhuviel Intro Adventure)
  • The Waking Dream (House Rhuviel Short Story)

End of April

• Fields of Harnerton (Full Length Medieval Horror Adventure set in Schlectenberg)
  • The Bad Deal (Schlectenberg Short Story)

GM Screens

As a result of needing to pay for artists for the above adventures, the GM Screen may be pushed back a little later. I will be revising my budget plans for the first half of 2021 and seeing where it may be on track for.

Wallpapers and Advanced Mechanics

These are at the bottom of the list. I still want to get the Wallpapers out in the first few months of 2021, but they are not a priority compared to the rest.

Social Intrigue and Mass Combat will be worked on and play tested before being released. This will not be aggressively worked on until the 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2021.

A Review

James Hook just reviewed the Open Legend RPG system. A good synopsis of the system, and critiques. Check it out here: Flintlocks and Witchery : Review: Open Legend

Thank you

2021 is starting out good for sales, which means new people are continuing to find the system. I look forward to hearing about all the adventures people go on using the Open Legend RPG system, and am excited for the future. Please continue to send out word of mouth about the system to others.

Resources

Your Open Legend Caretaker,

Jonathan aka Great Moustache

6 Likes