Rapid Defender feat

OL is deceptively deep in mechanics.

Often, it is just presented a different way then we expect and it does not register in the brain that this is what we are looking for.

Note that I was not 100% sure it was really what you wanted either, but felt I should point it out anyway.

I had initially suggested Battlefield Reflexes, but the Discord Member who’d brought it up to me was unhappy with the loss of the Major action and wanted something similar to Hellish Rebuke from DnD 5e.

I agree that the tradeoff for Battlefield Reflexes is preferable to me, but we were trying to do something different.

It’s true, BUT the problem here is you are trying to specifically take something from 1 system that uses resources differently and put it into another system that handles it entirely differently.

You can only do hellish rebuke so many times b/c it takes away spell slots. Fatigue is an option to somewhat simulate it, HOWEVER IT DOESN’T, b/c hellish rebuke is auto damage, and the defend interrupt isn’t. If you are wanting to do damage, it is better to do that via Advantage.

So if you really want to try and replicate it, just give more advantage to an attack vs someone that damaged you recently seems like a better way to go about it from a mechanical stand point.

1 Like

THAT is bloody brilliant. Maybe Adv 1 per tier against an enemy who’s used a Bane or damaging attack within the last round.

first off, appologies for being somewhat silent here on the community site. now, here’s my response to this topic. I would be interested to see a feat similar to this:

Vengeful Strike I-IV: 2 points
Prerequisites:
I-IV: none

Through intense training, or brutal rage, you strike back at any who have attacked you within the past round with greater accuracy. This feat would be characterized by a brutal martial artist, capitalizing on openings in an opponent after they strike, or a raging barbarian turning pain into a weapon against his foes.

Effect:
for each tier of this feat you possess, you gain one advantage when you make a single target attack against a foe who has dealt you damage within the past round.