Feat: Swift Shift

So I wanted to toss out a feat that I thought would help out a character with the Alternate Form feat.

Swift Shift (I-II)
Cost: 2
Prerequisites
Tier I-II: Alternate Form

Description:
You can change between forms far faster than other shapeshifters.Perhaps you are an alpha werewolf or your mech suit has an aftermarket upgrade that makes it shift faster.

Effect:
Upon Taking this feat, you are able to swap between your forms slightly faster than before.

• Tier 1: You may shift between your forms as a Major Action Rather than a Focus Action
  • Tier 2: You may shift between your forms as a Move action

I want to know what you guys think. Is this too strong, too weak? Should it have more tiers? Anything else that comes to mind?

I would say too strong as a feat.

The reason it is a Focus Action in the first place is because of how powerful Alternate form is.

Now, I did allow one of my players to craft a pill that they could take that speeds up the process, but the pill is expendable, and if you take too many of the pills there could be side effects. But taking more than 1 pill speeds up like the tiers you have.

The problem with the feat is it is now just easy. And I would probably only have 1 tier of it, and it would cost 3.

I understand that the focus action was built to balance the alternate form feat, but I just thought that if someone wanted to do a full build based on the Alternate form.

I can see maybe making it one tier, but I don’t think it would be too unbalancing because in total it would take eight feat points to do a full character build with this feat.

One of the most important aspects of Alternate Form being a focus action is that it prevents characters from “carrying” boons over from one form into the other, so keep that in mind. With that being said,I think I would be fine with tier 1 of the feat, but tier 2 takes it a step too far for me. Tier 2 opens up too many possibilities, in terms of action economy, to abuse both forms in the same round to an extent, which tier 1 wouldn’t allow.

1 Like

Ok, I can see that. I may work with that. So a major action to transform. I like it. Would you change the cost or leave it as two

My gut tells me that I would also go with a cost of 2 to try it out, but without any experience it’s a shot in the dark.

1 Like

Gotcha, I’ll have to have my players playtest it then.

1 Like

I have suggested something similar a couple times lol, I set it as 3 points and had the requirement be alternate form ii to use it.